Wednesday 29 June 2016

The wait is almost over...

The shortlist for The Richard and Judy Search for a Bestseller is upon us and all successful authors will be informed by tomorrow. There are a range of emotions currently circling my body in the rather tense wait to find out. The butterflies rampaging in my stomach are flitting between excitement, nerves, fear, and then back to excitement again. I've tried to distract myself. I've tried to tell myself that the odds of being shortlisted are very slim. One kind author, who was shortlisted last year, said to me that 'a handful of people out of thousands is a tough call' and not to be disheartened if I'm not chosen. Another lovely author said: 'you are in control of your writing journey'.
Both have encouraged me to keep going until I see my dream realised.

You all know what it would mean to me to be in the next stage of the competition, but I know that my dream won't stop here if I am not successful this time. Ive already got great opportunities lined up in the coming weeks and my novel is the closest to completed it has ever been.

So, watch this space. I know some of you are as eager to read 'Meet Me in the Treehouse', as I am to see it published.

Remember: "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream..." C.S.Lewis


KT x

6 comments:

  1. You're almost inspiring me to start my old poetry blog again. My fingers and toes are crossed for ya x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should! I'm glad the blog is living up to its title of inspire...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is crossed!! You can do it xxx 😘😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support, as always, RJ 😀 X

      Delete